Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Situationism

landscaping idea


During research for my dissertation I came across the Situationists, (an Avant Garde movement).

Some of their ideas particularly interested me, that of drifting and psychogeography.
Drifting transalated from the French verb Deriver (there should an accent above the first e but Im not sure how to type one in) refers to wandering the city defining the journey by emotions (i.e. attractions to structures and places) rather than simply travelling to predetermined destinations. It reminded me of that often misguided slogan, that getting there is half the fun.



Psychogeography is the collation and mapping of the drifts. The images show some examples of psychogeographic maps, I plan to draw one or some up for my dissertation, more then to follow.................

landscaping idea photo galleries
landscaping idea photo galleries

No comments:

Post a Comment